Saturday 5 August 2017

Kobo review problem: The Bachelors of Egypt

The Bachelors of Egypt

is a contemporary novel set in Egypt 2011, (previously) available on Kobo and Amazon. Till now, the book has only gained 5 stars ratings… except for a single review “made by mistake” on Kobo, dating back to July 29, 2017.


Despite the reader’s attempt to remove the unintended review, Kobo didn’t allow its deletion. 
Lovely book:
This is to rectify prior review which was meant for a different purchase. The company didn't want to delete it even though I informed them within minutes that I've made a mistake; An interesting take on issues and modern Egypt very different than UK. Please accept my sincere apology. Martha
by Martha Holiday on August 04, 2017


This was meant to rectify her initial review:

Awful book:
Sorry it's awful, i have read this trying to look at what the writer was trying to say but I feel he doesnt really know how to write, sorry
by Martha Holiday on July 29, 2017



A shout-out to Martha Holiday: Thanks for taking the time to post another review; I would have never known about this issue unless you did!

The “Awful book” review is still unfairly present on the book’s webpage; the same issue may have been occurring with other book reviews, and I hope we can stop it. I sent them an email complaining about the incident, and I’m currently waiting for their feedback. 

Update: Kobo's staff member decided to delete both reviews, and the book is now exclusively available on Amazon.



New Book:




No comments:

Post a Comment